Directions to Brown County Juvenile Court
Georgetown, Ohio 45121
Questions? Call 937.378.6726
Click here for directions
Frequently Asked Questions
- No Shorts
- No Sleeveless Tops
- No Flip Flops
- No Revealing Clothing
- Cash, Money Order or Credit Card (credit card fee is 3%)
- No personal checks accepted
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- Presidents’ Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Veterans’ Day (November 11th)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day After Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25th)
- Holidays are mandated by the Supreme Court of Ohio.
- If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday shall be observed on the immediately preceding Friday.
- If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday shall be observed on the immediately ensuing Monday.
The Rules of Practice of the Supreme Court of Ohio prescribe the rules for computing filing deadlines involving legal holidays or when the Clerk’s Office is closed to the public. Specifically, Rule XIV(V3)(A) states that if the last day for filing a document happens to be a legal holiday, then the document is due the following day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or other legal holiday. Similarly, on any day that the Clerk’s Office is closed to the public for the entire day that constitutes the last day for filing, or before the usual closing time on that day, then the deadline for filing is the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday.
These provisions have particular application in the following situations. First, the Clerk’s Office is open to the public on Columbus Day. However, because Columbus Day is a legal holiday, any documents that are due to be filed that day may be filed the following day. Second, the Clerk’s Office is closed on the day after Thanksgiving, which is observed as a holiday by the Supreme Court. Therefore, any documents due for filing that day may be filed the following Monday, even though the day after Thanksgiving is not a holiday observed by the state or federal government.
Although computation of filing deadlines is the responsibility of the filing party, questions may be directed to the Clerk’s Office for further assistance